Saturday 2 August 2014

20 Facts About Me

So here's my second post for the Blog Every Day in August challenge. This one has been a toughie! 20 whole facts about me? I may have been scraping the barrel for some!
  1. I'm a bookworm. I love, love, love reading. I read to my daughter every night without fail.
  2. I've killed almost every plant I've owned. Strangely, the orchid is still alive...
  3. I'm a girly girl.
  4. I'm a member of the National Trust.
  5. I'm secretly worried about the state of the planet.
  6. I love Christmas!
  7. I'm always singing.
  8. I've been driving for 6 years but I still hate driving on dual carriageways and turning right. I've been on the motorway twice.
  9. I don't like buttons. Obviously not the chocolate variety.
  10. I love house hunting even though we are not moving house.
  11. I'm messy and unorganised. I have no idea how I'm going to get myself and two small children ready to leave the house at 8am when I return to work. It's just not going to happen.
  12. I hate having my photo taken. I'm just not photogenic. I'm not a brilliant photographer either!
  13. I thought sloe gin referred to how it was made. Slowly...
  14. I hate horror films. I don't see the point in giving myself nightmares.
  15. I love, love, love camping! 
  16. I'm still not married. God damn it!
  17. I don't class myself as a babywearer but I love my moby wrap. It's the most comfortable thing ever!
  18. I tried to breastfeed my second daughter and loved it until she lost loads of weight. I totally respect anyone who breastfeeds!
  19. I'm gave birth to my second daughter on the bedroom floor with no one but my partner, mother-in-law and a midwife on loud speaker.
  20. My children mean the world to me!
Sorry about the lack of photos, Harriet really cannot cope without being in my arms today, bless her!

Love and cuggies,

Alison x

3 comments:

  1. Wow I bet that was intense giving birth on bathroom floor. I love camping too I just need to be able to drive and buy a big enough tent before I can go camping now. Love the post :)
    See you tomorrow
    Nikki x
    #BEDAoutnumbered

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Props to you on your home birth. I breastfed both my boys - my second was diagnosed FTT at 12 months - then we had to supplement formula as well. It's so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate having my photo taken too. Hence why I'm normally behind the camera! Well done you for birthing in your bathroom! I needed all the drugs they could give me!

    ReplyDelete