Monday 4 August 2014

In 10 years time...

In ten years there are a few things that will be definite.
  • I'll be 38.
  • I'll be working as a primary school teacher.
  • I'll be Mrs rather than a Miss.
I'm about to start my final year of the Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies. I graduate next summer but then I still need to top up and complete the PGCE before I'm a teacher. I know I've gone about it in a bit of a complicated way. I could have gone to university straight after college to do the teacher training course full time but accepted a job in a day nursery instead. But I don't regret it at all. While I would have been a bit further along in my career, I wouldn't have met my lovely Christopher, bought our house or had our beautiful daughters if I had gone to uni straight away. The next few years are going to be a struggle but I am very determined to get Qualified Teacher Status and to be settled in a primary school by the time I'm 38.

The other point is more straight forward. I've waited for 8 years so far. He needs to get a wriggle on!

There are lots of things that are less definite but still very much part of the plan!
  • I hope to have another baby (without affecting the above plan too much!)
  • I hope that my children and family are happy, healthy and content.
  • I hope that the campervan fund will have morphed into an actual campervan, not dissimilar to this one, and that we will have made lots of family holiday memories!
  • I hope that we will finally be happy with our house! I love our house but there's still loads to be done to it. A little conservatory and a new bathroom, kitchen and drive wouldn't go amiss...
Above everything else, I hope that we are all as happy as we are now, if not a bit more!

Love and cuggies,

Alison x

2 comments:

  1. I'd love a Campervan like that one too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your next 10 years sound really exciting!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete