Thursday 7 August 2014

Day 7 BEDA Challenge


Ok, so I've missed a couple of blog posts for the Blog Every Day in August challenge hosted by Outmumbered, but I've been super busy!

My parents are on their holibobs so I've been helping my sister out with child care. Heidi has loved having her cousin Billy to play with. We've had some lovely days out although I am absolutely shattered! Entertaining a nine-year-old and a potty-training two-year-old with a very clingy four-month-old is hard work!


Tittesworth Reservoir was a huge success! We played in the park for most of the day and as Heidi refuses to use a toilet we kept popping back to the car so she could use the potty which wasn't that far away! We enjoyed a little picnic and I treated them both to an ice-cream which obviously went down well.



The day after we visited Hoo Farm in Telford. It's about 45 minutes away so I was quite anxious about the trip for a few reasons.
  1. We could get lost.
  2. Heidi may need a wee or worse..
  3. I'm not that confident at driving on country roads and I'll have three children in the car.
  4. It was going to be absolutely packed and I'm rubbish at parking my little Kia Picanto never mind the big family car!

I needn't have worried. the journey there went smoothly and as few showers had been forecast, the car park was relatively empty. We wellied-up and headed off... to the toilets! I put my foot down with the potty situation and successfully persuaded Heidi to try a tinkle on the toilet. Result! We enjoyed wandered around, feeding the sheep and goats and nosying in the little houses in Hoosville.







The pigs were smelly and one pig wiped his nose on Heidi's trousers which nearly triggered a tantrum, until she saw me laughing!






















We saw loads of animals, lemurs, meercats, donkeys, deer etc. After a big play in the play area, we picked a winner in the sheep steeple chase then headed home for a well deserved brew. Phew!






















Anyway, back to the challenge.

A Special Memory
My most precious memories are of the births of Heidi and Harriet which I have already wrote about on my blog.

My Playlist
I'm afraid it's the Frozen soundtrack all the way at the moment, and on the odd occasion the car is child free I just pop the radio on. I'll sing along to anything, even the annoyingly catchy jingles!

Love and cuggies,

Alison x




















2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great summer activity! I remember going out after my son potty trained - it was so nerve wracking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place to visit. I hear you on the potty training, I've just gone through it with my youngest and going out anywhere can be pretty daunting. Not once has he or his Sister, when she potty trained, had an accident while we were out though - I'm sure it was just me worrying about it!

    ReplyDelete