Sunday 3 August 2014

My Favourite Quote

Today has been tough. We've had tears, tantrums and one almighty full-scale-emotional-meltdown from my two year old, Heidi. Harriet, who is 4 months, has fussed all day and at one point, I'm pretty sure we were all crying! I think we are finally out the other side now. Well, they are both in bed at least! Now everything has calmed down, I better get cracking with the third post for the Blog Every Day in August Challenge hosted by Outmumbered.

My favourite quote is less of a quote and more of a poem, so I hope I'm not cheating! I had to do a bit of Googling, but I found it's quite popular! I read it while pregnant with Harriet and it inspired me to take maternity leave a lot earlier than I intended, to spend time with Heidi and to enjoy my pregnancy.


Rebekah Knight

This poem brings a tear to my eye each time I read it. And it's so true. I need to slow down. Being a parent is hard. It's messy, tiring, frustrating and stresses me out! But Heidi isn't going to be a terrible two year old for much longer. Harriet has already changed so much in 4 months! People like to tell me time will fly and I hate to say it but, they're right. Before I know it they are going to be grown up with children of their own. I need to savour each and every day, no matter how awful it's been, because they're not going to be my babies forever.

Love and cuggies,

Alison x



2 comments:

  1. Great poem/quote :) I love it too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Something I really must remember a times #BEDA x

    ReplyDelete